Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Post processor Error

klheureux

I have a post processor I am troubleshooting for a haas lathe. In between my roughing sequence and finishing I get a line with a R2.7202 and the program stops running. When I manual edit it out the program runs fine but I cannot figure out why the post is trying to add this R move.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 22
The R value limits the effects of constant SFM mode. At a very large distance away from the spindle centerline, the spindle RPM would be very small (to meet the programmed SFM). As you approach the centerline, the spindle speeds up. If you set an R value, the controller ignores the actual tool distance if you are further away than the R value and instead uses the R value. So, the R value is used to limit the minimum spindle speed. In your case, the spindle would never drop below ~300 rpm.

As far as I know, the Haas controllers don't use it. Without the use of custom FIL code, I don't know how to suppress it in the generated g-code.

I would check the RPM tab in the post processor and see if there's a check box that can be disabled to stop this output.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back