Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Impact Analysis / Drop Test Simulation

CSA

Hello everybody,

I am trying to simulate a drop test of a headform & helmet in ProMechanica. I have actual acceleration and time readings from the accelerometers and material properties required for modeling the components however I wanted to know how should I proceed in simulating this concept. Should I create a mechanism by putting the servo motors to the headform and dropping them with the acceleration values that I have? Or is there any other method to do it? Please direct me to a link (if any) explaining the simulation procedure for the same.

What I want to achieve through this simulation is the stress concentration in different parts of the head form.

So please let me know if anybody knows a procedure to do so.

Thanks in advance,

CSA

Perhaps this could be interesting for you. It's german, but Buttons and formulas are equal... ;-)

http://www.qucosa.de/fileadmin/data/qucosa/documents/8712/Saxsim2012_Eisenbeiss.pdf

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back