Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing Best Practice

NC12

Can anyone recommend some best practice or methods to show a background in the drawing but not in model space?

For example, I have a bracket asm that is to be welded on a table (table being the background). In the bracket asm tree I won't see the table; however I need the table brought into the bracket drawing for position and installation reference of the bracket.

I've heard a few methods, such as Simplified Rep or Layering control, to achieve this but I want to reduce load time and number of external references. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I had a similar requirement some time back and I could do it by superimposing two views on one another. I am not sure whether this the best practice or not. Nevertheless, I got the desired results. I am attaching a snapshot of my drawing. If you are looking for some thing like that, I can explain the steps involved in making such view.

hydraulic_tubing.jpg

You can always add the upper level assembly model to the drawing and use it in certain views.

As far as best practice goes, IMHO the installation should be a separate drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back