Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

any kind of de-featuring in Creo Simulate?

edo777

I tried to operate some simple gravity deformation simulation on an assembly that is composed by different elements, some created in Creo, some imported STEP files.
I work with Ansys and Creo Simulate, but I wanted to avoid to go to Ansys for something that is "just a check".
So.. I try to start the auto-gem... auto-mesh failure.
I try to remove some STEP parts and optimize the mesh parameters... auto-mesh failure.

with Creo generated parts, one can solve the discussion quickly by suppressing the details... but for an imported STEP?
It is obvious: you can simulate a part with all the complexity of the final components, but this will be blood and tears in setting up the mesh and waiting for the results.

So I wonder: in Ansys and other FEM you have something like an automatic defeature option, where many complexities can be removed.
is there any similar option in Creo Simulate?

thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Edo

There isn't anything like this in Simulate, but there is an additional modual called Creo Direct Modeling that I believe allows you de-feature step file parts.

You can solidify the step model and de-feature by filling holes, adding material to remove fillets, etc.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back