Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dxf entities in AP100 Amada software

MatthewJB19904

We currently export a DXF file for our AP100 Amada software that works with our Amada lasers. What we are noticing is that whenever the dxf is brought into AP100, the dxf file comes in with a ton of small segments when dealing with a curve or ellipse. This causes the laser to have a ton of start and stop positions which leads to a very un-uniform cut and a lot of slag. Does anyone have the same trouble in regards to dxf files breaking up and if so, how are you overcoming this issue? I have heard of some companies using a 3rd party package to solidify the dxf but I do not know what they are using. I did try converting the flat pattern to draft entities before sending the dxf, but no change. The strange thing is, when I read the dxf log file it shows a very small amount of entities but once brought in to AP100, it's turns into hundreds. AP100 states that there is nothing they can do with the files.

AP100 converts any elipse or conic to a series of line segments. I have AP100 and refuse to use it for programming lasers. I use another software that is so much better that it's actually efficient. Not to mention I get an actual response to requesting bug fixes and enhancements. I only use AP100 to bring in the geometry for programming the pressbrake and only because I have to. AP100 is very poor software, in my opinion. It will get the job done but at a much higher cost due to the horrible way in which it's written.

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum. So, I'd like to introduce myself.

I design cut ready DXF files for CNC cutting systems. The site is FreeDXF.com. My business is dedicated to offering high quality design work for CNC cutting systems. Our designs are high quality, polyline DXF files optimized for CNC cutting. We offer our services to over 12,000 CNC service providers around the world.

And, by the way, I do have some designs I was hoping to share with you all.
motor-sports.jpg

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back