Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Error while meshing: "Cannot perform this operation for this case"

Saravana116228

Hi all,

Its been a long time visiting Mcad :)..

Ok.. now am here to share a error am facing in creo simulate.

This is my third day of learning creo simulate.

When ever i try to mesh the part using "AutoGEM" option the following error is popping up "Cannon perform this operation for this case".

I really cant able to find where i am going wrong.

Please see the attached picture for more details.

Thanks
Saravana.

Attachments

• creo_simulate.JPG
    creo_simulate.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi Saravana,

With the information posted it is not possible to see how your model is set up, so trying to help you would be a guess.

I would try to make the simplest part, e.g. a square block, and check if this can be meshed. If this meshes as supposed to, then the error might be in you set up for your model. If it does not mesh, then it might be a software issue, like is the license running as it should.

If you posted a screen-shot of your model-tree of the the part you can't mesh this might provide information which can lead to a solution.
Best Regards

Hi..

I am still facing the same isssue even with the simple model.

I have tried with PTC learning part also.. same issue...

Attached are the images which talks about both the cases.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards
Saravana.ptc_training_file.JPGsimple_plate.JPG

Can you upload the part itself? I've never seen this error before, and the lack of description that error message provides doesn't help at all.

I think you need to contact PTC support. Sounds like an install or licensing issue as kranmeste suggested.

Hi guys.. Some times .. very rarely it did meshing for the components i created..

It never works for the part from Creo learning tool...

& at that time i have no idea what i did the right way..

Any how .. thanks guys.. will def. contact ptc support and update the solution for this issue once fixed :)..

Thanks
Saravana.

Hi all,

Got the solution;).. Its because i modified the "set working directory" to some local disc where i dont have write permission to it.

So if we change the "Run setting" locations to some place where we have full access. Its fixed.

Thanks
Saravana.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back