Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What's up with Measure tool???

caddaddy

Okay

So when you measure something in Creo 2.0 (build M040 and up <im using M090>) why would it take 10 to 20 seconds for the results to pop-up? I've tweaked the measure_sig_figures config and didn't really make a difference, and notice that if I have a top lever assembly open in the background, open sub-assemblies up that I'm working on, make a measurement in on of those sub-assemblies and while the measure tool is still open, look at the upper lever assemblies, they all have the measure created in them as well!!! That's probably not helping the initial regen time. When a single or smaller assembly is open, it's not as bad.

Has anyone had similar issues or found a fix for this?

Thank you
Pete

Try setting config option auto_regen_views no

It does not make sense but I saw in another forum that this should help.

Thank you for your suggestion, we do have that config set actually. I think the problem is it's trying to do too much versus how the measure tool functioned in WF5 and older. Now it wants to calculate area, perimeter, etc. all in one click and the larger the model, and the more windows you have open the longer it takes. Even when I just do a distance measure, initially the first click is quick and after I select the other surface or edge, it boggs down and takes longer than it should just to give me a simple linear distance.

I still don't understand why it puts a measure box in every window all the way up to the top level assembly?

It's not only a graphic card issue. I've had the same problem in some M-release. In M090 the delay is gone. Also, the problem that the measuring result is showing up behind the dialog box seems to be gone as well.

If you have a part/assembly selected prior to selecting the measure tool, it will think you are trying to measure to/from the selected parts/assemblies. Make sure nothing is selected when you invoke the command.

We are on M090 and the issue still persists. Also, not having anything selected does nothing. Our CAD administrator is escalating the bug up to PTC. I will give an update when we hear back.

Thanks

We are on M090 and the issue still persists. Also, not having anything selected does nothing. Our CAD administrator is escalating the bug up to PTC. I will give an update when we hear back.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back