Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model Color Derived from Material File

saspinall

Hi all,

I want to start up a material file database for our company, so that people can assign a material to a part which will then have the paramater required to take the part into Creo Simulate. I also want the material file to drive the color of the part. Ive just watched a video on youtube of how to assign a material to a part, which I knew how to do, and also how to assign a color appearance to the material. In that part of the video where he assigned the color to the material, he picked the color from the system library, not the appearance gallery. When I look in our setup, which is rather complicated as its set by our corporate company, there is nothing contained in the system library or photolux library while in the material file setup. searching the web seems to suggest that a couple of config.pro options (pro_texture_library and texture_search_path) are available to access the already installed graphics library area, which on our machines is D:\\ptc\Creo_2.0\Common_Files\M040\graphic-library. This directory contains several subfolders such as adv_materials, appearances, d3d_shaders, hdri, materials, textures etc.....and in the textures folder are subfolders for brick, carbon etc etc. Our appearance.dmt file for coloring a normal part is located elsewhere on our machines.

Am I missing something here...? How do I get the system library to work...?

Stuart

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back