Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

The end of Creo Simulate ?

A friend of mine, who works at PTC, told me that a couple of months ago the core of Creo Simulate development group (the most experienced developers and managers) was suddenly laid off.

You may want to take this into account while planning your future Simulation work.

This would be most people's thinking, first blush, and was my reaction as well. As the chairman of the PTC/User Technical Committee for this tool, I was made aware of the situation and can share the following - Yes, the development team segment that had resided in San Jose, CA has been disolved. Nobody from that team is currently employed by PTC. The additional info is that there has been another team, operating for many years co-developing Simulate, that is picking-up the effort from San Jose. There are team members in this group that have a significant amount of experience working on Simulate code development. I had serious concerns over this issue, when I first recieved the news, that have been squelched by interfacing with them directly about the current and future state of Simulate. The code will continue to be developed and is in good hands.

That's exactly what I was talking about. The most experienced developers and managers were all located in the US. There also were a few developers in India who played supporting role, and now they are tasked with supporting and advancing entire product line. One can imagine what can come out of this... especially in terms of product quality.

Of course PTC will try to convince you that nothing changed, they need your maintenance money.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back