Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to open Creo 2.0 in fullscreen or maximized?

fiebigc

Does anyone know how to automatically open Creo 2.0 in fullscreen or maximized? Presently when I start Creo or open another part the new window isn't maximized on my computer monitor (see attached photo).

In previous versions of Wildfire I could get Pro/E to open maximized if I used this parameter in my config.pro file: "open_window_maximized YES". However this does not seem to work for Creo 2.0. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Creo-Window.JPG
    Creo-Window.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the heads up to this issue. I am a control fanatic and use these two settings so my Pro-e screen opens almost full screen ( 3/4 inch strip on the right side to access my prefered folder on desk top)

open_window_maximized = yes

windows_scale = .95

I will be going to creo soon so any tip for how you resolve your issue would be of help.

Over and Out !

Rather than using either of the following config options:
open_window_maximized
windows_scale

I prefer to use:
reserved_menu_space

The default value is "1.0". This refers to the amount of space reserved on the right edge of the display area for temporary menus to pop up. You can set this value to "0.0" to get a maximized Creo window, but menus will pop up on top of the graphics display area. I personally prefer a value of about "0.5". Allowable values range from 0 to 4.

If you have either "open_window_maximized" or "windows_scale" in your config.pro file, those will override the "reserved_menu_space" value (so leave those out).

Hope this helps.

Saturn,

Thanks for the tip. it turns out Creo 2 would adjust both horizontal & vertical screen size with the my settings of open_window_maximized = yes & windows_scale = .95 . This was not the case with WF5

I will now try your "reserved_menu_space" method.

My next challenge is the custom UI. Pro-e and challenges a familiar story. ;)

reserved_menu_space (tried various settings .1 - 2.)

I set this at various values, I have 2 monitors, no change in display size when starting creo

reserved_menu_space (tried various settings .1 - 2.)

I set this at various values, I have 2 monitors, no change in display size when starting creo

Ensure that you do not have "open_window_maximized" in your config.pro file, as this will override the "reserved_menu_space" setting.

This method works well for me.

I do not have "open_window_maximized" in my config.
reserved_menu_space (tried various settings .1 - 2.) no change at all

Rather than using either of the following config options:
open_window_maximized
windows_scale

I prefer to use:
reserved_menu_space

"reserved_menu_space = 0.0" worked for me where the above two did not. (Creo 2, two monitors)

It isn't truly maximized as far as windows is concerned. It opens the full size of the window on my main monitor, but it's though you had grabbed the corner of the window and stretched it to the full size, not as though you had hit the "maximize" button... but this works for me. Thank you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back