Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pipe Threads

jkehler71

I'm still very green when it comes to Pro-E. I'm using Wildfire 4 and cant figure out how to insert an NPT hole into a model. Can some one please tell me the easiest way to do this? Thank you for any and all advise.

In the hole dialog there's an option to create a tappered hole, that's where the pipe threads are located. I'm running Creo 2.0 and haven't seen wildfire 4 for many years so I couldn't tell you exactly where it is but under the holes click on the tapped hole option then right next to that will look like a target that's to turn threading on/off and then next to that should be what looks like a countersink symbol (not to be confused with the real countersink symbol next to the counterbore) that that's what will turn on the tappered threads. The thread drop down will now have NPT, NTPF, and ISO tappered threads for you to choose from.

Thanks so much silverado...I didnt even touch that icon because I thought it was for a countersink. I'll get the hang of this yet.

How to add British standard pipe (BSP) threads in creo 2.0? if there is any file please upload it. thanks in advance

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back