Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to Hide Datum Planes in Creo 2.0?

fiebigc

Ok, this should be simple but after switching to Creo 2.0 I'm no longer able to hide datum planes that have been set to "Set Datum Tag Annotation" (see attached photos). I use this setting to display that datum planes in a drawing. When I'm modeling I would like to hide them because I find them a little bit annoying.

The obvious ways of hiding aren't working. Right click and hide doesn't work. Placed on a layer and hide the layer doesn't work.

I had no trouble hiding datum planes in Wildfire. Does anyone know why I'm unable to do so in Creo?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Datum-Annotation.jpg
    Datum-Annotation.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 64
Ok, this should be simple but after switching to Creo 2.0 I'm no longer able to hide datum planes that have been set to "Set Datum Tag Annotation" (see attached photos). I use this setting to display that datum planes in a drawing. When I'm modeling I would like to hide them because I find them a little bit annoying.

The obvious ways of hiding aren't working. Right click and hide doesn't work. Placed on a layer and hide the layer doesn't work.

I had no trouble hiding datum planes in Wildfire. Does anyone know why I'm unable to do so in Creo?

Thanks.

you have to HIDE them

Hey thanks for the replies but I wasn't able to hide the Datums regardless of when I created a layer.

Like I said I've never seen this in previous versions. This may be related to which version you're running. I'm using Creo 2.0 M060. How about you?

Thanks.

go to annotate tab
go to (detail tree)
find the datum_tag
you then erase or unerase the the datum tag

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back