Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

preparing template with drw

robo_kk

Hi,

I am using Creo 2.0
Is it possible to create a template (for sheetmetal prt for instance) already with the drawing?
I mean, when i make a new sheetmetal part and use decribed template i will already have a drw file as well?

template.jpg

and another question. What for is the "copy associated drawings" function for?

Thanks for the answers.
Cheers,
Robert

If you have a part template and a drawing template then if you create a new part from that template it will create a new drawing as well. I believe for that to work you must name the part template and the drawing template the same.

yes, exactly. thank you.

and do you know maybe, if i can prepare a template with family table? I mean, that if i make a family table of lets say 5 elements, i will automatically get 5 documentations?

I don't know any way to do that but after you get one drawing completely detailed will all the notes etc. just perfect (which a template will never do), then it is very simple to change the model in the drawing and rename the drawing IN SESSION ONLY and save it. This is only a couple of mouse clicks and you duplicate the fully detailed drawings.

RpPrototype always provides quality services which use we can easily to make template for any desing because these services is very simple and make rapid any design.

NO quality in your post as you don't seem to know the difference between a drawing template and a tooling template.
Take your spam elsewhere...

To report as spam you can click the symbol (triangle with !) at the bottom left of the original post.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back