Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProE Wildfire 5 File Open dialog box white-out

Tom Carullo

Has anyone had issues with ProE Wildfire 5 using the File Open dialog box? From time to time, when I open the File Open dialog box, it is completely white, nothing in the box. If I wait 1-2 minutes, it fills in properly. Then, after an hour or two, the same thing happens again, but the wait time is about doubled. Then, after 3 or 4 rounds of this, when the dialog box fills in, the background file becomes all white and in no amount of time does it fill back in, so I have to terminate the session. Further still, after a few of the full blown white screens, I cannot load files at all without whiting out, so I must reboot the computer. Then the cycle starts all over again, behaving normally for a week or so, then it starts the process over again. The files are stored on our network for backup reasons. I have work computer at home that I store and use the same files on a local drive and have never had this issue. Our IT guy is scratching his head.

Anybody had this issue or can give me some advise?

Thanks,

Tom

The only time I have ever had that problem (and it was with an earlier version of Pro-E) it was a graphics card issue. Have you updated the drivers for your graphics card? Is the graphics card a certified PTC card to run WF5? I have also seen someone have to go back a level on the driver to get things to work correctly. Do you keep your computer on all night or do you shut down? I have found that if I do not reboot every night that Pro-E sometimes does weird things.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back