Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Death of the Menu Manager

When will menu manager disspear

• With Creo 3.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When PTC release Pro/Engineer/Wildfire/Creo/Don't Listen to Customers

• Other

• Total voters

SW

It's been a little while since the menu manager started to disappear, but it's holding on better than most of us expected. I'm taking bets on when it will finally disappear.

Let me start by saying I love Pro-E and I use it every day, but it is far from what it could be.

Caution I feel a rant coming on.

L.O.L. never....... PTC programers may be very smart but do some very lazy things. Just look at what values come into the tools when you start them. (default values) Just look at how the methodology changes from tool to tool forcing me to remember... or just click the software to death until i get what I want. Just look at how some functionality is lead and some is follow. Exacmple: lead remove all breaks from an ordinate dimension, follow most other things. It is like a bad joke. I'll say one thing and you'll know what I mean. HOLE TABLE. But VSS makes me smile so we'll call it even. Guess what most software is lead and follow now. With Inventor back at ver6 (2002) I could preselect geom and have it loaded into the tool once I started it. Although functionality was limited in the way of advanced features I could design and document simple things in very short order with no headaches.

My bet is they have some very good people..... and well some not so good people coding and the big stuff gets all the attention.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back