Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Convert to SAT. Losing cosmetic features. Any way to keep?

mjjstang

Hello, I am new here and I had a question I was hoping you all could help me with. I am trying to convert some files to a format for Revit. The best format is .sta because it will convert directly to Revit, There are files we have that include some patterns for a grille feature. This needs to transfer over, but I have found no way to get these cosmetic features to convert with the rest of the file. The new file looks correct except for omitting the cosmetic features. I know that if we edit the parts to physically make the cutouts, they will transfer, but that is too time consuming with the amount of models being converted. Does anybody have a suggestion? Appreciate any help here.

*Have tried a few different formats even, and no success. I guess if there is a format that can be converted to, and then converted to .sat, we could do it that way, but I don't give that much hope either.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back