Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Ghost parts in Creo 1.0

higs

Our company has upgraded our system from Wildfire 4 to Creo 1. Doing some work on an early version drawing and uploaded the updated drawing to find out that there were ghost parts in my active workspace.
Is there a way of eliminating these ghost parts so I can check in the latest version drawing?

Add "cleanup_drawing_dependencies=yes" and "cleanup_layout_dependencies=yes" to your config.pro. Restart Creo and open the drawing. You should get a prompt to remove dependencies. Remove them and save. You should be able to delete the ghost objects and check in the drawing.

I have found that occassionally, I've had to export from the workspace to local hard drive, open a new session of Creo to a new clean workspace; Open the drawing from the hard drive with those config options enabled and save to the workspace.

I don't recommend leaving these config options enabled in your config.pro. Comment out and only enable them when you run into the issue.

Scott,

Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated. The ghost parts were able to be deleted.

I realize this thread is a couple of months old, but I searched for cleanup_drawing_dependencies in the Creo 2 config options, and could not find it. Was it removed, perhaps, or is it a "hidden" option?

Thanks,

Tracy

It is a hidden config option. There is a reason it's hidden. You should not use it lightly and once the file is fixed, comment out the config option.

Ok, thanks! I found that looking at the relationship viewer and removing ghosts that way works for me, so far, so there's no need for me to have that config option enabled.

Tracy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back