Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

New Part Creation

annad_m_s

Although I have been using Pro E for the past 13 years, I never bothered to use the option highlighted in the picture below.
new_part.jpg

Could any body tell me the utility of this option.

I use this all the time when making new parts. What you do is take an empty part and set it up with all the things you want to see in a part - parameters that might automatically populate a title block, a particular orientation of the coordinate system, names of datums, named views, relations, and anything else you can think of. Then create a drawing of this part - it might be easy to create some features so you can see the diffferent views that you are setting up. Save this part and drawing - I call mine start-part.

Now, when you use this as a template when creating a new part and check the copy associated drawing box, your new part is already set up with everything you wanted to see. It works with assemblies also.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back