Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo 2.0 - Material not updating

Sam Doherty

Hi all,

We have just moved from WF 4.0 to Creo 2.0 in the hope that our design process will be made quicker and painless.

The appearance editor is however starting to really annoy me. One thing that is really bugging me is that I cannot seem to be able to edit a material once it has been assigned to a model.

e.g.
  • I create a material called "Colour_1" and set it to be red
  • I assign this material to a part
  • I change the "Colour_1" material colour to green
  • The part remains red...

In WF 4.0 you could edit materials easily and see the model update as you edited. Any ideas whether Creo 2.0 can do this? Or am I going to have to reassign materials to every model when, for example, a finish spec is updated?

I am still also trying to figure out this Creo-2. What I have found with the appearance editor so far is when you create a new color under "my appearances" and change the part that new color gets copied into the "model" section. if you rmb on the "model" color icon and select edit, you can change the color and it will update on the screen. The original "my appearance" file will not change (but they both now have the same name and different color).

Ah, thanks yeah that works. Good for previewing the finish on the model. Still annoying that it doesn't keep the link between the model material and the material in your library though.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back