Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Adding all solid surfaces to external copy geometry

MichelvBst

The company I work for is (finally) transitioning to the latest version of ProE; Creo2
Currently we're working with Wildfire 2.

As a key user in my department I've gotten the opportunity to experiment with Creo already to get a head start.
One problem I encountered when creating a cast part (something we do a lot here) is that when defining a external copy geometry feature there is no "solid surfaces" option.
In Wildfire 2 you would just select one surface that you wanted to add to the copy geometry, hold down RMB and it would give you the option to select all the solid surfaces in the part.

Is there a way to do the same in Creo, am I missing something here?

Ha, found it apparantly when the environment reference scope "default_ext_ref_scope" is defined to "none" in the config.pro (you know when you get those nasty "are you sure you want to add this ref?" dialog boxes) the "solid surfaces" option is not available when selecting surfaces during definition of a copy geometry

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back