Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Is it possible to Rotate a Rotor by Force without using a Servo Motor

CADfan

Dear all,
I am designing a Wind turbine rotor with five blades, Now i am simulating the rotor mechanism in Creo Mechanism. My question is, Is it possible to make the rotor to rotate by applying force on the five blades without assigning a Servo motor on the motion axis. (Because this is really happening in the field). And if that possible, will it give the Reaction forces at the blade holding part and other subsequent parts.

(OR) If the above method is not possible, we can go with Servo motor

By assigning a servo motor on the motion axis, we input the rotor velocity and acceleration. Assigning a servo motor along with known force on the Blade will give the Reaction forces.

Expecting you comments.

Thanks,

CADfan

Hello muadib3d,

Thanks for your reply and resource center link. But unfortunately the link doesn't work.Its Ok.
Yes now i realized that Servo motor is essential to have motion on Mechanism. But one of the Mechanism tutorial says the following definition.

"Force Motor: Use force motors when you know how much force to apply to make your Mechanism move".

Finally i have decided to use servo motor on the rotor axis and force on the blades to find the reaction forces on the blade holders and transfer the load set to Creo simulate to find the stresses.

Thanks,

CADfan

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back