Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spekan Purge Utility

Pro_User

After running the Spekan Purge utility, when attempting to open model 123.prt, I receive the message, "123.prt.1 is an invalid file". This has occurred on numerous files in numerous folders. Has anyone else encountered this and, if so, can you advise, please, the resolution to be able to open the models?

I had never heard of it. I went and looked at it a little and it's not anything I would even touch. The description on their website looks like it was written by a 3rd grader. Why would you used a utility like this when a purge utility is included with Creo? You should probably contact the manufacturer of the software.

I've been using it for years, never had a problem with it.

The reason for using it is that it allows you to purge multiple directories at the same time as well as choosing how many previous versions to save.

Purge

I had never heard of it. I went and looked at it a little and it's not anything I would even touch. The description on their website looks like it was written by a 3rd grader. Why would you used a utility like this when a purge utility is included with Creo? You should probably contact the manufacturer of the software.

Where's the purge utility in Creo?

You need to add to the Quick Access Toolbar command Open System Window and the window opens, write Purge :)

I have used different versions of Spekan Purge utility for years too, never ever had a single problem. I have not tested it with CREO though but since it works simply by analyzing a directory and comparing versioned file names I don't see how it could fail to work. Maybe you have a problem on your drive?

I'm thinking the OP's problem is not related to the purge utility. It could be that the file was created in a different version of Pro.

I tried downloading the utility without success. Can you please share the latest utility compatible with Creo Parametric 2.0?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back