Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Looking for help with Job Manager.

ckirchen

I'm trying to get Job Manager running so that I can utilize the unused cores on my computer and other computers on our network.

Here's what I've done so far:
- config.pro opion nc_jobman_visible is set to yes
- Close any open ProE processes
- Stop nmsd.exe with Task Manager
- Using Command Prompt, I ran dcadsetup.bat (in /bin). At first, I had two errors about two DLLs missing (icudt38.dll and icuuc38.dll), but I added them to the /bin folder (from /x86e_win64/obj)
- Went to Control Panel>System>Advanced>Environment Variables and added a System Variable as follows:
BNFS_START - C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 5.0\x86e_win64\nms\bnfsd.exe
- Created a file (jobman_comps.dca) in the same directory as my config.pro and filled it with the names of the computers on the network
- Run ProE
- Create a sequence and select Submit Path>Now
- When the Distributed Computing Host Selection window comes up, load jobman_comps.dca with "Open Server File"
- Select the Host (in this case, my computer)
- Send the job to the Job Manager by selecting OK

I am able to submit the job to Job Manager, but once there, it ultimately fails (error is "Unable to start Creo Elements/Pro on host"). It usually takes about 5 to 10 minutes. At first I thought it was the sequence itself, but even a simple drill sequence fails the same way.

Does anyone have experience getting Job Manager to work?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back