Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Combine drawings

It is there. Under layout tab, expand insert and select import drawing/data. You will have to select the model. The drawing gets inside in a new sheet and the model belonging to the new drawing is added to the original drawing.
Cheers..

Combine drawings - dimensions vanish?

It is there. Under layout tab, expand insert and select import drawing/data. You will have to select the model. The drawing gets inside in a new sheet and the model belonging to the new drawing is added to the original drawing.
Cheers..

It appears every so often when I combine drawings I then 'loose' dimensions on other sheets?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

THat is a related issue that I have all the time.
When I copy a drawing and then delete sheets from it, the models have the dimensions that were created in the drawing deleted. It actually creates new versions of all the parts in the drawing!! Grrrr!!

If the part is part of a family table, you have to create the dimension for each and every instance if you use that setting.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back