Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating a VM Copy of our server for database upgrading practice

bikerdude

Gents (and ladies),

I'm trying to create a VM copy of our server which hosts Windchill 10, PDMLink M020 and after much agro from IT, I finally have a server on our network that I can use and abuse. The downside is that the server name had to be changed (can't have two servers on the network with the same name).

When I try to run Windchill on the VM copy, it defaults to looking for the applications on the real server, which isn't particularly helpful. I need to configure Windchill to look for the Apache/Tomcat/Windchill applications on the VM copy...

I've never done this before. From what I understand I need to modify an .xconf file, and run it in xcomfmanager under a windchill shell.

If what I've said is correct, then the two unknowns for me are:

1: which xconf file do I need to modify
2: What command do I run with xconf manager in the Windchill shell?

Any advice you can give me would be great as this is a new process for me. The whole reason for doing all of this is to have a play area for doing a dummy run when we upgrade from PDMLink M020 to M040.

Thanks,
Leo

Hey Leo,
Don't know if you've received an answer to this or not. You may want to look at the Rehost Guide. If I remember correctly, it basically walks you thru making a copy of your production server and installing it on your test system, including the issue with renaming the server.
DT

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back