Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Graphic glitch in sw 2010

florin.ics

Hello everyone, i just installed solidworks 2010 and i found a strange problem, those snap lines that were appearing in line of a point for instance vertical or horizontal on the center poin don`t appear anymore, beside i have like to blind draw lines because even if i click on the end of a line to start new one the starting point will be somehow moved from that end of first line, i must manually select the points and click merge. Can anyone help me, i had solidworks 2007 previously installed and it worked just ok for me. Sometimes there appear the cursor trail when i move the cursor around.
My system specs are
E8400, 4gb DDR2, XFX Geforce 9600GT.
Operating system: Windows 7

I will put a image to make an idea of what i`m talking about.

2ugnudy.jpg

Edit: i installed Solidworks 2009 and it is the same, after i activated Use Software OpenGL and now it looks like this

2m68qwh.jpg

If i open a complex assembly or part it moves smooth without any graphic error or low fps so it`s not from my system specs, but yet i can't figure out why it looks like that.

Edited by: florin.ics

Hi,

The snap problem should be easy to fix: go to the drop-down 'Tools' menu, go to 'Options', then 'Sketch>Relations/Snaps' and make sure Snapping and Automatic Relations are selected.

The graphics issue is a bigger problem. SolidWorks is getting more reliant on workstation graphics cards, and gaming cards such as yours (and mine!) no longer work well. The only thing I can suggest is making sure you have the latestdrivers. Hopefully someone else will be able to suggest something better for you.

Thanks monkey, if i move the cursor close enough to center point it snaps to it, but i can`t see the point, dunno if you understand, it`s not from solidworks settings, it`s because of compatibility i think. I will try to install a windows XP emulator and see how it works

Ah, I see your problem. I did have that problem with 2009, and I had whole sketches disappear as I sketched. It was pretty much unsolvable at the time. I just had to guess where I needed to put the lines! Not much comfort I'm afraid.

It`s done i found the problem, it`s because win7 doesn`t have the option to disable hardware acceleration, but i fixed it installing 64bit version of windows 7. If any of you have the same problem just go to control panel - display - adjust resolution - advanced settings - troubleshoot and click change settings, move slider for hardware acceleration to none and it will work. For some cards in windows 7 that option is disabled.

GO TO TOOLS>>>ADINS
UNCHEAK 2D EMULATOR

THEN WORKS FINE
2d emulator is the way to sketch the by cartisean system..
so that no snaping occur
hence time to

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

solved...!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back