Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Solidworks explorer

Jacoolo

I fetched SolidWorks explorer and tried to install it on my PC, but close to the installation finish error message appeared and installation was refused. I do not have SW, I just want to check new capabilities of pro/e WF 5.0 which is able to open SW files if Solidworks explorer is installed. Any cue?

Jacek,

I don't believe SolidWorks Explorer is required but I think PTC sells an import license fee which will add SolidWorks Part to the File Open - Files of Type menu. SolidWorks does however allow SolidWorks users to use Save As for saving a SolidWorks part into a PTC .prt document that Any user of Pro/E can open. SolidWorks also allows import of Pro/E parts with 2009 supporting import of Wildfire versions upto and including Wildfire 4

Michael

muadib3d said:
It
requires an installation of SolidWorks 2007 or 2008.
The only way you can have the above is to have the license.
muadib3d said:
It does not require a SolidWorks license

So ptc is giving misleading information. It should state that you can use Explorer to do the job, and doesn't require a license or a copy of SW itself.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back