Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SolidWorks in the class room

FASTVWS

I happen to be the best solidworker in my class room, and I was wondering
if you had any suggestions on how to get the respect I deserve! I make all
the projects happen and even show the teacher whats up. any suggestions
would be great! ALSO, I love solidworks so much and the only thing I would
change is the price of the program :)

Post a few pics of some of your models and we can decide if you should get the respect you deserve.

Maybe shrink your head a bit first as it's quite big
smiley36.gif

Can you tell us HOW OLD ARE YOU ?

I think you are the best if you are 8 - 10 years old.

Good luck !
Edited by: Mihail

Older than you HOMEBOY, don't hate that you couldn't come up with
something that amazing. Why don't you post a picture then? I don't think it
could hang with my Asian Fighting Baby.

ok, you got any other models that are maybe a bit more advanced??

Being able to produce nice models is only part of the skill with 3D CAD. Combining that with producing nice designs, manufacturability, ability to alter the models using the parametric technology and other things makes a good CAD user. I'm sure you have potential!!!!

I will upload a picture when this stupid website allows me to.

In the meantime, keep practicing.

PS - whats the fast VWS?

This thread must be a joke. Asian fighting baby?...the OPmust be about 12 years old. Come on - it's nothing but a bunch of extrusions and cuts! Anyone with 10 minutes of SW experience could do that. Iguess the OP hasn't seen any really complexSW models or he wouldn't have such a big head. He can do his own search for them (if he knows how) - I'm done with this thread.

Haha yeah I was just messing around with that. Most of the things we do in
class are gear mates, we built a mechanical nut cracker and right now I'm
working on a rack and pinion steering system. Also, we built a HPI RS3.
Whoever burnsp is, they sound like a big joke. haha i have a 68 bug thats
fast.

design-engine said:
respect or money? Maybe you should focus on an internship first.

Agreed. Being able to use the software is merely the beginning. When you can look at a part and know how to make it within 30 seconds of seeing it, then you are really ready to learn. Next comes assemblies that are fluid, after that there is a list of additional areas you can focus on depending on your interests:

1. FEA
2. manufacturability (not a word but I use it all the time because of it's importance)
3. optimizing designs and assemblies so that they load fast and are not resource heavy
4. making parts that can allow changes in seconds (this is difficult for some to grasp; I have seen parts coming from India that take hours to edit for clients).

Go get an internship and you'll really see that one can never think that they are better than anybody else.

Well he did get a lot of you to respond and that is something that a lot of writers would love. Yes, this person is quite big headed and will be cut down soon enough when they hit the real world. Don't take it so seriously people. I got a good laugh from it. Remember everyonerises to their own level of incompetence.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back