Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

textures

Gps!

Better and more ways to align textures.

One example, when changing the angle of a texture, the posibility to give the number in degrees, instead of just moving a slider.

I am a bit disapointed about the texture options in solidworks.

(might have to do with my experience, with a program called Dedit. It is used to make world for a game called Aliens vs Predator2.

When you first aply a textures, it does about the same as Solidworks, but then you can modify the angle and scale andoffset of the texture, on each seperate face.

You should be able to just aply a texture to a solid, and modefy it face by face.
smiley22.gif

Putting a brick texture on a solid, gave me a wrong aligned texture on two faces.

Having to put on a texture, face by face, is not what I consider user friendly.

And how about a Linux version ?

Daussault as in Catia should know how to do this, because Catia worked on Unix before windows.

Don't think that since Daussalt made that purchase that programmers on the SolidWorks fence and Catia fence are friends. They hate each other and make faces at each other in the hall ways. Funny how people make friends....

Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back