Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

File Server

TMPENG

Hi Everyone,

We currently use Creo and ACAD. We have multiple plant locations. Everything works fine when I am located at the plant where our main server is located. When I go to our other plant, file retreival is deathly slow. Sometime files can take hours to open or they do not open at all. We are pretty light on IT people, but the people we have want to install a second server at our other plant and do what is called DFS file replication. We are being told this may not work with ACAD files. I'm not sure about Creo. At the end of the day, our IT folks like to add more and more 3rd party software. I'm not a fan of this personally.

I know that we are not the only folks in the world with multiple plants needed to access/vault the same data quickly. Are there any simple inexpensive solutions out there? Currently we run all of our software on node locked seats on our indiviual workstations.

Thanks,
Matt

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back