Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Going to windchill

Hello, We have been working without windchill for ~ 1/2 year and have accumulated quite a library & folders full of modles & drawings. Now we are joining an existing windchill setup in our corperation. What if any problems or pitfalls can we expect to see while doing this? Any specific suggestions as to how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Should be relatively painless. You will want to make sure you have designated parameters that need to be synced up with same named parameters in Windchill.

If you have nested family tables, you my run into some issues. I don't recommend using nested family table within windchill.

I think the safest way to bring the objects in are to create a workspace, open from the original location and save. This will validate a lot of things. Have as much in session as possible to prevent ghost objects.

Parameters in formats may need to be updated if you want to have Windchill revision and version information. No easy way to do this other than making the new formats and replacing the format in each drawing. Fairly straight forward but a bit of a cumbersome task with hundreds of drawings.

Iguess other than that, not much more I can mention.

Regarding Parameters in formats.

Add this setting to your load point (company) config.

dm_emulate_ilink_sys_parameters

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back