Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Convert/Interogate ProE Native files

mcalinden

Does anyone know of any software out there that will convert/interogate a native ( dumb ) file so that I will have some kind of familt tree , planes axis etc to further work with .....or am I just wishing ?

I have people send me ProE files in a native format to do further work on but have to spend hours putting in planes axis deleting features , trying to add new features. Its just generally a pain.

Regards

Tim

If they're sending you the native Pro/E file why can't you see the model tree? We get them from suppliers all the time without any issues. Is it not a .prt file but a step file or something along those lines?

I'm pretty sure you misspoke saying how people send you native Pro/E files...so if I'm right, it sounds like people are sending you STP files and when you open them, you get no features except a CSYS and a feature called "Import Feature."

I recommend using this in your config.pro

intf_in_use_template_models YES

That will use your default start part as the start part that the STP file opens into. So for me, that means that I get all my planes, views, and parameters.

Is that what you're looking for?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back