Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF4 to Creo2

dross

I have a family table of set screws created in WF4. All instances verified, all open in WF4. When I try to open the same in Creo2, the instances verify, but fail when opened. The second feature in the model is a helical sweep of threads, this and every feature after fail in Creo.

Is this a bug in Creo?
smiley18.gif

Since my earlier post, I've found that the behaviour of Creo is inconsistent. After verfiying and then opening, the helical sweep fails. I then close the instance, go back to the family table and again verify, sometimes it will show failure, sometimes success. Same with the helical sweep, it will sometimes fail, sometimes not.

Scratching my head here...
smiley11.gif
smiley19.gif

Try changing your accuracy. I've seen quirky behavior between versions with features that sometimes is a result of this. I think we use .0004 absolute. Another thing to try is removing the feature, re-adding it, and then seeing how things react. I'm not saying to redo your parts, but I've seen rounds fail in older versions that can be deleted, re-added, and they work just fine. I don't know why this is, but those are just some of the things I've come to know and work around.

Do you use accelerator files? We had an issue with family
tables using accelerator files and our VAR recommended a
new config setting for Creo which solved our problems.

update_accelerator_in_verify yes

Hi Dross,
I'm Don Breda, a CAD Product Manager at PTC. You should definitely not be having an issue with opening WF4 files in Creo 2.0. Have you filed this issue with PTC Technical Support? If so, do you have a call number?

If not, can you send me the family table that you are having an issue with? I'd like to take a look at it.

Thanks,
Don

Edited by: dbreda

Don, thanks for the offer, the problem seems to have solved itself when I went from M010 to M020.

nbaptist said:
Never but never create threads on fasteners/nuts!

We have no problem with threads created on fasteners and nuts in family tables, although all the threads dimensions were defined by relations.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back