Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Geometric tolerancing squareness of holes

thalesmech

I am trying to apply a geometric tolerance to a dowel hole and slot, such that the plane constructed through their axes is sqaure / perpendicular with Datum A (in this case it is the axis of the cylinder within which the dowel hole and slot are located).
There is a bracket that is located by the dowel hole and slot and the purpose of the tolerance is to ensure it remains square with the main axes of the cylinder (Datum A).
BS EN ISO 5459:2011 C.2.4 shows an example of constructing a plane through two parallel cyclinders for use in further geometric tolerance frames, but does not show how to tolerance the holes in the first place such that they remain square with another datum.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Could you plz share your stuffs screenshot so that exactly the right approach I can share as I am unable to configure the situation.Plz do share your screen shot.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back