Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problems With Style Feature

rossmschwarz

Hi, I am pretty new to Pro/e but I have been trying to use the style feature using wildfire 4.0. My job is to route harness designs and I use the style feature to accomplish this. I feel like this is the best way and I am really comfortable until I get an error that looks like this:

View attachment 5753

I guess it doesnt like the fact that I have two styles intersecting one another, but on the other hand I do it all the time and it doesnt complain. I dont mind if the two styles intersect one another, I just dothis procedure to generate a round harness for the modle and to calculate lengthsofthe different partsof the harness. I guess Im just wondering if their is a simple way to avoid this. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

I have never used a Style feature before but I imagine a circle you are sweeping along a curve. Increase the corner radii or decrease the diameter. I am guessing at some point the curvature is to high (tight) and makes the shape tuck inside the intended shape of the harness your looking for causing the failure. Can you explain the technique you are using for me?

Chris

Yes I am using a variable sweep and drawing a circle along the style feature. I understand that I can't make the turns too tight or else the sweep will in fact interfere with itself, but this is something different. For some reason the program wont let me cross two existing style features (but only at the ends). If I have the ends seperated by enough space the program does not fuss, but if I get too close the program gives me that error. Its not a huge problem, I can just make sure there is enough space between the two style features and make sure my tangencies are okay, but I was hoping someone knewa way to just ingnore this error and let the two overlap.

you have a crimped surface someplace. To locate the problem area cut the style surface in half and try to solidify the remaining half. if it works you know your problem is in the other half. you can narrow down the problem parametrically by sliding the divider to one side or the other.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back