Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Data Translation

bwilson

Does anyone know how to export an assembly file from Creo2 and import it into Mastercam and have the parts go onto levels in the Mastercam file?

Mastercam is not a parametric software so you will not get the model tree inheirant to creo2. You can export files in almost any generic file format available (iges, parasolid, step, etc.)

The creo2 translator is an add-on. you must purchase this translator to open native files.

You can save your files out of creo2 in other formats, I know IGES, I believe step and parasolid as well. If you need to get an output file instead I would always opt for the parasolid first, the step second and the iges only as a last resort.

IMO step will give you the best results from creo2 to Mastercam. When importing assemblies of native creo2 and parasolids they can loose their assembly positioning. Step assemblies from creo2 always come in in the correct position.

On another note: Does anyone know why when I create a .iges file from ProE WF 2.0, It exports untrimmed surfaces, when I set the export options to "solid". It is very annoying for my machinist bringing it into SurfCAM to have all the extraneous surface data. We have tried many export options, and also shutting off the surface layers for exporting, with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

try 'customise layers' in the IGES export dialog box; scroll to the layers you don't want and choose Exclude content.

Attachments

• export.jpg
    export.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 11

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back