Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Revert to previous saved version (WF4)

ahunter

I made some changes to a model that I want to undo. I know ProE keeps every saved version in my working directory, but I can't see any way within ProE to revert to one of those older versions. I can close the model and clear it from memory, then manually go to the working directory, and delete (or move or rename) the latest version. Then when I reopen it, it will revert to the latest unaltered version. But this is rather convoluted, and it seems like if they go to the trouble of saving every single version, they would give you a way to get back to a previous version from within ProE. Am I missing something?

Yes you are.
smiley1.gif

You do need to erase the object from memory but no need to delete or rename files. In the file open dialog box pick the tools pull-down and select All Versions. That will let you see the file revision number and select which one to open.

If you want to make this the current version just hit the save button.
E.G. want v1 v2 is current, open v1 and save to make it v3.
Another way you may come to love the backward ways of Pro.

Thanks, doc! I learned something today. I've never noticed the Tools option before.

Now ProE just needs to learn that .2 should go immediately after .1 and not after .19.

Actually, Windows learned to count with Vista. When I open the folder in Windows Explorer (Win7), everything shows up in order. ProE file open does not.

Every time I count something I get a different number. Thank god for repeat regions ;)f

Go into windows and look at each saved index. Notice the file extensions do this

partname.prt.1
partname.prt.2
partname.prt.3
partname.prt.4

You will need to turn on the ability in windows to see the file extensions. Stock install keeps users ignorant of the extensions. What I do then is rename partname.prt.3 to partnameTEST.prt.1 and open it into memory to start an iteration.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back