Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

System for Creo

mjf605

I recently got a new workstation and running Creo 1.0. I work with surfaces, large assemblies (hundreds of pieces) and use Mechanica. My new work station is a Dell Precision T1600, Intel corei3-2120 cpu @ 3.3GHz, 8G ram, windows 7 - 64bit, and a ATI FirePro V4800 graphics card.Is this a good setup for what Im doing? It runs alot slower than my old system running wildfire5 on an Dell optiplex. It even runs lisp file in autocad(2013)slower than my old system. What would be the best setup for me? Is there something I can beg the IT guy to try to speed up this machine?

Well an i3 is intels low end processor even though that clock speed is pretty good. I don't know if an i7 or a Zeon would really be faster at the same clock speed. Do you have all the Win7 BS turned off? Somewhere deep within the bowels of the Win7 setup there is a magic button that says "configure for best performance". I've seen it make night & day difference in Pro/E response. Since every Win7 I've seen looks completely different I can't tell you how to find that button. I was looking for it on a co-workers machine yesterday and could not find it.

If you were asked to spec. out your next new workstation what would it be? I was asked to let the IT dept know what I needed and Im not 100% sure what the best setup would be.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back