Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Displaying cosmetic threads

toonyank

My mind has gone blank.

I can't get a cosmetic thread to display on a drawing view.
I'm sure it used to be a display setting hidden line
removal for quilts set to off but it's grayed out.

Can anyone help?

Greg

toonyank, try setting the option of Hidden line removal for quilts from No to Yes in the parent view of the current view you see the option grayed out. To find the parent view, just select a view, then right-click and select View Info.

HTH.

My mind has gone blank.

I can't get a cosmetic thread to display on a drawing view.
I'm sure it used to be a display setting hidden line
removal for quilts set to off but it's grayed out.

Can anyone help?

Greg

Just to add my two pennies worth, I'm also experiencing the same (or very similar) problem with a drawing I inherited from a colleague so perhaps I can offer some more information.

The thread is not erased as when I hover over it, it will be highlighted. To be certain, if I then select the thread and *do* erase it I am no longer able to highlight it - I then unerase it by right clicking the view in the drawing tree and selecting unerase comsetic. For a split second I can actually see the thread in it's un-highlighted, un-selected colours but after that split second it disappears again.

The thread is also on a top level drawing i.e. it has no parent, it is assigned to a drawing layer and all layers are set as visible.

Creating another drawing with the same model and my default template *will* show the threads. To try and troubleshoot this I saved the drawing options (.dtl) from this drawing and loaded them into the problematic drawing and by doing so the threads did appear i.e. it seems to be controlled by the drawing options.

I have looked further into the drawing options to identify which, of those that are changing, could be relevent to cosmetic features showing e.g. "draw_cosms_in_area_xsec, remove_cosms_from_xsec", however changing these does not seem to have had any effect. To try and be sure, I then manually changed all the options of the problematic drawing to match those of the correct drawing but confusingly the threads still do not appear. It could be a regeneration/refresh issue however i.e. perhaps I am changing the option correctly and it is not refreshing in the drawing but as I seem to struggle to force ProE to actually refresh sometimes I can never be sure.

In summary, I am at a loss as to what is causing this behaviour. It is affected by loading a different drawing options file, but I cannot identify which specific option it is.

Last edited:
first, very obvious insight(I do not want tio offence anybody) - thread won`t display if they are inside the solid geometry. you have to make X-section first.

If you erased threas you can show them back - in Creo select the thread/hole feature and Unerase the cosmetic

still to be more familiar with your problem, please do share some pictures

Pictures

Here's some pictures

Just to clarify I'm still on WF5

Attachments

• thread_1.jpg
    thread_1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 46
  • thread_2.jpg
    thread_2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 40
  • thread_3.jpg