Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo 2.0 F001

Scotth

Has anyone installed Creo 2.0 F001 yet? Any comments? Bugs?

Also, does anyone know how the network installation has changed for Creo? I used to be able to install it locally then copy the installation to the newtork for other users. Creo will not start from thenetwork.
Edited by: Scotth

Just checked it a little, I noticed that it did not ask you the documents directory during installation, so you have to manually edit the shortcut if you don't want it to put config.pro et al in your user directory. Also, where are the old config.win settings saved in CREO? One nice thing about pro|E was the ability to transfer your documents directory with all your prefs together

So I installed Creo 1.0 M030 locally, then copied it to the network. When I try to run "parametric.exe" from thenetwork location nothing happens. Any ideas?

Creo does install and run from a network drive. It does take some additional work to get the environmnet and configuration files correct.

So, Scott, you are saying that PTC was not helpful with the
installation of their own product?
That is not a good sign.

They said in the installer is not working right for a network install for F001.

With WF5.0, I used to install ProE on my machine, then copy it to the network and provide everyone else with a shortcut to it. Simple and easy. Creo does not want to boot when it is moved to the network. Probably an environmental variable or something.

I manage ~10 PCs with ProE, I don't want to do installs one by one!

edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled Creo 2.0 then copied it to the network, it works now. Never got it to work with 1.0, they changed the folder structure in 2.0, probably fixed the problem.
Edited by: Scotth

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back