Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo to Mastercam Export

Atropos89

I am trying to streamline the process that R&D uses to prototype parts drawn in Creo. Currently, they have to get the part out of Windchill, save it to the desktop, and then open it with Mastercam (we have the ProE/Mastercam translator). I am looking for some way to remove this "save toi desktop" step. Does anyone know of a plugin for Creo that will add a button called "Send to MasterCAM" or something similar?

I have seen this kind of plugin before with Solidworks and ALGOR. There was a button that we could use to "Send to ALGOR" that would mesh the part, open ALGOR, and then open the part in ALGOR automatically.

Also, it would be great if we could export directly from Windchill and completely skip Creo. is there a way to have the Creo kernel run on the server such that it allows for exporting files, and translating them to different formats at the same time? In workgroup manager there is an "export" option, but this only allows for exporting the Creo models AS Creo models.

Anyone know how to set it up to be able to export STEP straight from Windchill?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back