Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Surface colour lost when regenerating

Zestje

<div id="swiffout"></div>Hello,

This problem has been anoying me for a long time now: When I colour several surfaces of a part in a different colour from the part's colour, these surfaces lose their assigned colour ever time the part is regenerated.

Is there a way to solve this problem (in WF4.0)?

shouldnt happen. Is the outer geometry a copied surf from another model? Or does this happen on a part you created whit no connection to other parts?

//Tobias

You are correct, I just found out an hour ago that the problem was in surfaces from external copygeometry features.It seems to be like this:
[*]When the referenced part only has a colour assigned for the entire solid, no colour gets transferred by the external copygeometry.[*]When
the referenced part has a colour assigned to surfaces, this colour gets transferred by the external copygeometry and will replace any newly assigned colours in the referencing part upon each regeneration.[/list]To avoid the replacing of newly assigned colours in the referencing part upon each regeneration, you can copy the imported geometry (surfaces), assign the new colour to the copy and use this copy for further feature operations. This workaround creates 'new' geometry in the part itself, which does not get its colours replaced.

<div id="swiffout"></div>I have run into another problem:

I have assigned a texture to some of the surfaces used in the external copygeometry. When regenerating the referencing part, the surfaces get their colours assigned from the externally referenced surfaces, but the texture is not carried over.
Is there a solution to get this working?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back