Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Suppressing Components Via Relations?

Minntech

Hello MCAD Central!

I'm using family tables and relations to create a robust system for managing a number of assemblies. Part of my planrequires suppressing a group of components using relations. I knowit's possible to do this using Pro/Program, and I've used thatin the past, but I don't have that module in my current position. Is it possible to suppress/unsuppress a group of components using relations and parameters, but not Pro/Program?

Here's what my code looks like at the moment:

NAME = REL_MODEL_NAME()

/* IF FAMILY TABLE INSTANCE NAME IS ABCD, UNSUPPRESS SPECIAL PARTS FOR THAT ASSY
IF NAME == "ABCD"
/*UNSUPPRESS THE SPECIAL PARTS
<Code goes here>
ENDIF

My internet searches have all pointed to Pro/Program, but an outside consultant for my company swears it can be done withoutthatmodule. I can't ask for his help however, as I'm sure he would require payment for the consulting service (something which I'm not in a position toauthorize.) I'm out of ideas, so anyinformation would be appreciated. Thanks!
Edited by: Minntech

I need this answer, I've got the same problem.
Please, Does someone knows how to suppress an component via Relations?
I don't have Pro program. I know how to do it in Pro Program, but in Factory that I work there isn't this license.

I appreciate any helps

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back