Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Adding Parameters to Models

robrific

I have a library with hundreds of models in which I need to add about 6 parameters. Is there any way that I can add them without manually editing each model? I don't mind having to open each model as long as I can paste or import the 6 parameters I need.

You can also put all the parts in an assembly, show the parameters in the model tree and copy them to all the parts/

we have an auxilary application that will correct/rename layers, parameters, views, default datums, set the modelunits tommNsand will add relations for weight and mass. very nice tool when we get models from suppliers. i cannot share it with you but it was written in pro/toolkit

Mapkey is pretty easy to do and you can also set default values. However, you will need to set config option new_parameter_ui = no as mapkeyscan't access the graphical parameter box.

simple method: create the parameters in a txt file,
select the text and go "copy". Open the relations editor
in the model, then go "paste". accept the relations and
close the dialogue,open the relations again and delete
the text you just pasted in. accept and close the
relations editor. The parameters you just created will
then be able to be edited.

This process takes about 5sec when you have done it a
couple of times.

BTW this could be done with a map key as long as there
were no existing relations.

Sponsor