Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Analysis Feature Bug

agarfiel

I've encountered a bug in Wildfire 5.0 (M060) that has to do with analysis features. If you have an analysis feature in your model tree (volume, length, etc...) and you insert mode above it or suppress it, it will corrupt any saves that you make while it is suppressed.

There is no warning of the issue while you're working. It will go through the save dialogue just fine. If you try to open that file again after closing Pro/E it will hard crash Pro/E (the program just disappears) andis notretrievable.

The only way to successfully save the file is if the analysis feature is not suppressed or inserted above when you save.

I've spoken with PTC and they've verified this issue, with no known date for when it'll be patched.

I just wanted to put this out on the boards since I couldn't find any answers in my initial search and troubleshooting of this issue. Hopefully it'll save someone else the headaches that I had.

Alex

I just wanted to follow up that PTC has contacted me to say
this bug will be fixed in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 release
M150, due out on July 27.

Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back