Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Shaded drawing view plot resolution

dr_gallup

I've just made my first drawing (in WF4) with a shaded view for a dumb s#it manager who can't tell what he's looking at on a drawing. I plotted it to postscript with my usual plot config and it came out OK. However, if you zoom in on the shaded views they start looking pretty pixelated. Much worse than the other objects in the drawing. View attachment 5526 I already have shading quality, interface quality jack to the max. I don't see any way to change the dots per inch on these shaded views like you can if you plot from a part or assembly. Am I missing something?

Nope. You covered it in your description (dumb s#it manager)...
smiley2.gif

What I usually do is file...save a copy....jpeg.....and then you have an option for DPI...up to I think 600 DPI. Another option would be to go into render mode, but then you are talking about setting up room s and lights a big PITA.

That does give a better shaded view. 300 DPI is much better than what I got printing to postscript. Guess I'm finally going to have to bite the bullet and get all the save as PDF settings sorted as I've always avoided it. Postscript has worked flawlessly for the last 20 years and in the past produced better PDF files than saving out of Pro/E.

In your config file there is a setting: drawing_shaded_view_dpi. You can set it up to 600 dpi.

krow72 said:
In your config file there is a setting: drawing_shaded_view_dpi. You can set it up to 600 dpi.

That's what I was looking for.
smiley32.gif

600 DPI is way overkill, huge files. 300 Looks good but still pretty big. 200 is a nice compromise. Turns out the default is 150.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back