Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

difference b/w Wildfire 5 & CREO Elements

Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5.0 and Creo Elements Pro 5.0 are the same, the only difference is the name and the splash screen.

Creo Elements Direct is not the same, that's what was CoCreate and Creo Elements View is what was Product View, if I remember right.

yes i've also been trying to discover for myself the differences in both of these but couldn't find any! why would they change the name of the product if there is nothing new or special? strange
smiley1.gif

If Pro/E wanted to make a Ribbon interface they should follow Microsoft or SolidWorks's interface examples and allow any icon to be added to any tab and not force people to use 5ribbons when 1-4 should suffice.

View attachment 5466

View attachment 5467

View attachment 5468

Don't bother trying to find the differences the next time PTC changes the name of their software, it will have the same functionality as previous version so they can sell the same product twice. Just like they did with Wildfire 5.0/CreoElements(Etc) like the last time.

They even used the same Marketing video SantaCruz Bikes.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

so it was all for increasing their sales. LOL
smiley36.gif

i like the interface of solid works and solid edge.. its too much user friendly
smiley32.gif

There is a big difference between Pro/E WF5 / CE 5.0 and Creo 1.0. Creo 'Elements' isn't really Creo, it's Pro/E renamed.

Why did they do it? I suspect it was a marketing idea. Since Creo was a Big Deal and it was announced a full 6 months before it was going to be ready, they wanted the Creo name out there and used in that intervening time. Instead, however, they created a lot of confusion and tarnished the new Creo name with all the baggage in WF5.

Yeah Doug actual Creo is a lot different SolidWorks did a huge renaming thing with 2009 where Cosmos became SolidWorks Simulation. and FlowWorks had a new monicker like "SolidWorks Flow Simulation?". I have a 3 page document from SolidWorks mapping the old names to the new names that I got from the VAR I was working for during those years.

The only thing bad about WF5.0 was the Drawing Ribbon which hopefully has gotten better. I have my WF5 mapkeys I created as a workaround to map my ...
-xV > ViewxD > DimensionsxF > Features-
... mapkeys to the tab/s they exist on now.

My biggest gripe with Pro/E is the selection UI what's the point of Intersecting Trap Lasso or option to include Items Crossing Rectangle or Polygon trap.

Michael

this post edited after comment quoted below
solidworm said:
everyone knows Creo Parametric as Creo now, but after

sometime, all those extensions that are available inside

creo parametric today, will be a separate standalone

application, which i guess justifies a name change.

Well CreO Parametric is now cheaper than CreO Direct so I guess that may help smooth things out for new customers.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

everyone knows Creo Parametric as Creo now, but after
sometime, all those extensions that are available inside
creo parametric today, will be a separate standalone
application, which i guess justifies a name change.
overall i think Creo parametric has added alot to WF5.0
new interface+freeform feature (similar to SubD modeling)+
flexible modeling (Direct editing). its a huge leap.
Edited by: solidworm

Yeah I just installed Creo Elements/WF5. I was expecting something new but it's just a later date code of WF5.

My explanation for the misleading name is they wanted to start transitioning the name, start making sure everyone knows the name Creo.

I am looking forward to an updated UI. I'm sure It'll take a week or to to get used to but current UI is getting old.

mjcole_ptc said:
If Pro/E wanted to make a Ribbon interface they should follow Microsoft or SolidWorks's interface examples and allow any icon to be added to any tab and not force people to use 5ribbons when 1-4 should suffice.

View attachment 5733

View attachment 5734

View attachment 5735

Michael

You can.
Just create as many new tabs as you wish, add the commands that you want and turn off the display of the default tabs.

Edited by: dross

We have had WF5 m060 installed and just went to Creo Elements Pro m150. There is one littledifference we have noticed. Its with Windchill Intralink.When we installed the Creo E Pro, and then started it and went to register the server, itwouldn't find it. Kept saying it was unavailable. Then you delete your local cache folder, start pro againand then it ok.

To verify this, a user had worked in Creo E pro for about about w week, then started WF5 by accident. Right afterward he could not connect to Windchill after that. Kept saying the server was unavailable. Delete his local cache folder and it all worked again. A second user did the same thing as well. So there is a little difference that could burn you. OUr Intralink is 9.1, so maybe with 10 this is fixed.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back