Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

quick access toolbar problems in Creo

robrific

Hello everyone,

With an assembly open I added commands to my Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).

If I open any other part file the QAT does not have the additions that I added whilein the assembly file. I've tried saving the creo_parametric_customization.ui and the config.pro files, restarting, rebooting, all with out any luck.

Any thoughts?
Edited by: robrific

I think that a lot of the UI customization is mode specific. I haven't gotten into the UI in Creo yet, though.

Like dgs said, the QAT customization is "mode specific", you can customize it the way you want in different environments, so at the end of the day, if you want the same QAT in every mode, you have to change it in each one (assembly, part, etc)

Paolo

dr_gallup said:
You may understand, it still makes no sense that PTC did it that way.

If they made it so that you had only one QAT for all modes, I'm sure someone was going to complain that "you can not customize it in each mode, PTC give us choice!" or something on that line ;D

Paolo

It looks like the UI customization in Creo1.0 is pretty rudimentary. All mode specific, no means of copying, no way to store UI files on a server, no way to have two UI files for two versions, etc. ...

I'm hoping that they'll sort some things out as they go.

The file that is used to save the UI customizations, in Win XP at least,is located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings\ and it is named creo_parametric_customization.ui.

There are config.pro settings that can be turned on that will save the creo_parametric_customization.ui file to the working folder....

load_ui_customization_run_dir. But with this set to yes it will save the file only to the working directory (run directory) and not the main *\.settings folder.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back