Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

resolution

I am running Creo. Have modeled a 500in dia donut with a revolve sketch dia of 2.375in. It comes in all messed up. Where is a resolution I can change to make this look better?

Nothing there resembles a donut. Closest thing I see is an elipse but I see no hole. So I'm not sure how to help. 500in diameter with a 2.375in diameter cross-section? Sounds like a very large o-ring. :eek:)

<tg>

Yes an oring. this is a section view the oval is really round the jpeg is sqaushed. Se the wings coming of the circle? they are part of the oring

Cant do that its to big & ITAR. If i make the "oring" shape square insted of round it is OK.

Basicly i create a revolve with a 2.375dia sketch for the revolve sketch 435in from the axis. So a "oring with a cl dia of 870in and a material thickness of 2.375.

The first thing to check is your accuracy. Make your accuracy absolute and put in a small number. Then go to model display and change (under the shade tab) the quality from 3 to 10. I am running wf4 so some of the menus may have changed but this may help out.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back