Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 4 Datecodes

dross

What datecode of Wildfire 4 is the most stable?

I'm currently using M180 and having very few issues with it other than an occasional crash (less than one per week). I'm getting a new computer next week. Trying to figure out which datecode I should install. The new install will be 64-bit (currently on 32-bit). Sometimes the latest datecode creates new issues while solving old ones, don't want to go there...

I don't want to go to WF5 or Creo yet.

Thanks for you input!
smiley1.gif

But M190 and M200 have a small bug in family tables, if used together with Pro/INTRALINK 3.4.
This bug will be fixed in M210, so you better wait for that datecode, if using Pro/I 3.4 too.
Edited by: DonChunior

When you are connected to Pro/I and save the generic of a family table, for each variant you get a overridable conflict regarding to a non-visible parameter "Ptc_Length_To_Si".
It doesn't cause any data corruption or something like this, but it's annoying. For example some of our mapkeys had stopped working and have been re-created, because this conflict suddenly appeared.

Whatever you do, just do NOT install WF4 M080. It's likely to be the worst of the datecodes for WF 4.0.

I 'know' from experience, since we are required to use that datecode for a customer and suffer from several bugs not present in other datecodes
smiley11.gif
. E.g hatches not showing up in drawings and 'exploding' assemblies when rendering animations.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back